The items listed for sale on this page are offered
by the individuals who own them. Precision Boat Works, and the author, take no
responsibility in what is offered here. There are no guarantees, expressed or
implied unless offered by the owners. Not responsible for typos.
Reminder: If you purchase a used Precision sailboat, be
sure to sign up for factory news and information.
This super family daysailer is in excellent shape and ready to go. Includes furler, cockpit cushions, Honda 2hp outboard, and Magic Tilt galvanized trailer. Freshwater only--Really nice shape. A new P-15 with trailer will be over $12,000. Will sell motor separately for $500. For more pictures go to www.sailboatshop.com Location: New Jersey Asking Price: $7900 or BO Contact: Sam, 908-537-6300
Precision 165, 2011
A sloop rigged compact cruiser that is truly easy to trailer and launch with 1100 lbs boat and trailer. Designed to be a sprightly performer with great stability due to wide beam and low center of gravity with lead in lower third of the bulb fin keel. The shallow draft makes it easy to beach and sits low on the trailer. It has more sail area than the larger P18 for great sailing speed. The modern stem profile gives it a long effective sailing length for high top end speed and a very narrow bow entry angle makes it cut through waves easily. The two sails are in excellent condition with minimum wrinkles being very crisp and clean due to careful flaking and tying down. Bought summer of 2012 from person who only sailed it 3 times and was kept on trailer. The boat was new and came with no extras at all, so I added over $2000 of needed items both from experience/use and forum recommendations. I modified it to have the halyards and a jib downhaul led to the cockpit. Also sail slugs and a SS stop were added to the mainsail so the sail stays in the mast track when doused so it stacks nicely on the boom. It also comes with two 6'8" quarter berths with covered cushions, covered shelves on both cabin sides, jiffy reefing mainsail, 6'2" self bailing cockpit, galvanized Magic Tilt trailer with spare wheel, spring loaded HD motor mount, four 6" resin horn cleats. Boat is very clean and shiny like new. Hull is bottom painted with Interlux Micron Extra with biolux.
I added lots of standard and custom items to make it perform better, easier, and safer:
* Tohatsu 3.5Hp 4 sroke long shaft motor bought new in 2012. Wonderful motor starts in 1-2 pulls always.
* New covers for mainsail, tiller, and motor of Sunbrella fabric
* Jib/foredeck Sunbrella bag (rigged and ready to hoist jib). Easier to rig than furling gear when launching.
* Upgraded jib from plastic twist to brass spring hanks...stay securely attached when downhauling.
* Magic Tilt galvanized trailer in excellent condition with spare wheel. I added a winch facing forward for ease of launching so vehicle wheels stay just at water's edge regardless of a shallow ramp. Clever method...just detach coupling from car hitch and attach winch hook instead
* Thetford Porti potti
* Mounted fire extinguisher
* 24DC battery and box mounted
* Extreme angle fairleads added to jib cam cleat (necessary for side pull when single handing or use by crew)
* "Tiller Stay" unit from Catalina to adjust friction or hold rudder at fixed position (clever design, high quality, durable, great performing)...much better than other brands available.
* Battlestick tiller extender (necessary if sitting forward)
* Catalina HD vinyl steps added to swim ladder (painful without)
* Replaced mini V-jam cleat with fiddle block with cam cleat for ease of control
* Rudder SS lifting mechanism with jam cleat
* Mast stern crutch with 3" roller sits high (std is not good)
* V-jam cleat for boom topping lift adjustment
* Cockpit rope hangups
* Comfortable cockpit cushions from quality yoga mat (rec'd by reputable forum...work great)
* 'Smart' automatic battery charger (Vector brand) rigged with electrical outlets under the shelf in cockpit stern
If you need more pictures, just ask. Location: Blacksburg, VA Asking Price: $11,500 Contact: Jim Shugart, 540-951-2539
Precision 18, 1998
Fully updated and outfitted Precision 18
Just returned from a 8 day Lake Huron North Channel cruise in August 2014.
Here are some of the 2014 updates and features:
Canvas and cockpit: Main with jiffy reefing and cover, 150% Roller Furling Genoa, Jib (hank on), bulkhead mounted compass, cockpit cushions (2), New backstay (2014), tiller cover
Accommodations: Berths for 4 adults (all cushions like new), 4 Opening ports with screens (new 2014), igloo ice chest
Mooring and Safety: Danforth anchor with line, boom vang, windex wind vane (new 2014)
Electrical: Group 24 battery (new 2014), LED deck light (new 2014), all running and interior lights working great
Outboard motor: 2003 Nissan 5hp Long Shaft outboard with optional fuel tank that fits in port cockpit locker (serviced September 2014 and ready to go)
Trailer: 1998 Performance Trailer, brand new tires (replaced September 2014), lights all checked and working, registered and ready to haul anywhere
Extras also available (negotiable but not in current selling price): 40W rail mounted solar solar panel (new 2014), alcohol stove, porta potti (new in box)
Very Good condition (stored indoors with 2 coats of wax)
As a Naval Architect and avid boater, I love this boat but should reluctantly sell since I have only used it twice since 2012. Location: Haslett, MI Asking Price: 6,000 Contact: Bill D, 2692704012
Excellent condition. Barn kept! Includes Honda 2, sail covers, tiller cover and mast float. Interesting fact: This is hull number 2 — the first P185 ever sold. Owner set high price. Make an offer.
More pictures available at www.sailboatshop.com Location: New Jersey Asking Price: $8250 Contact: Sam, 908-537-6300
Precision 21, 1999
Amazing pocket cruiser with big boat features. Designed by Jim Taylor of Sabre Yacht fame.
· Cabin with 4 berths, alcohol burner, porta potti, igloo ice chest.
· 7 foot cockpit with built in rail seats.
· Retractable keel/centerboard makes it beach-able.
· Roller furling jib, boom vang, sail cover, bimini,5.5 hp Honda outboard.
· Great family day boat or weekender.
· Will provide two 3 hour sailing lessons if desired.
· 4 jack stands.
· Excellent condition Location: Northport, NY Asking Price: $8,500 Contact: Phil,
Precision 21, 1990
Precision 21 sailboat, 1990, with trailer and 2000 5hp Honda outboard motor. Main, jib & Genoa sails. Well-equipped, updated and well-maintained- all in very good condition Location: Portsmouth, Rhode Island Asking Price: $5995 Contact: John Gorman, 401-683-2297
Precision 23, 1987
Excellent condition trailerable coastal cruiser. Fully equipped with everything you need for single handed cruising, or with space to take friends. All lines (including reefing lines) to the cockpit.
Loaded, including Yamaha 9.9 with electric start, speed, depth, cockpit cushions, AM/FM CD player, roller furling genoa, dodger, bimini, life jackets. Tiller extension, tiller tamer, tiller pilot, DRS. Too many other items to mention.
Complete with a galvanized, dual axle trailer with tongue extension, sway bars, and keel centering guides for easy launch and retrieve. Mast raising system for efficient single-handed mast raising. Multiple anchors and rodes, with bow roller and cockpit anchor mounts.
Upgraded interior cushions, fluorescent lighting, marine head with 16 gal holding tank. Many other modifications and features added by meticulous prior owner increase convenience, safety, and single-handing capability.
Fresh water boat, standing rigged on Performance galvanized tandem axle trailer with surge brakes ready for cruising. Suzuki 9.9 four stroke long shaft motor with electric start. 12 volt and 110 volt electrical systems with battery charger and shore power cord. Nearly new loose footed main, furling 155% genoa and standard jib. Dodger adds to comfort whether sailing or anchored. Matching covers for main, tiller and winches plus sheet bags. Instrumentation includes compass, depth sounder, knot meter, VHF and stereo (AM/FM/CD). Custom mast raising system, two anchors with rodes. Galley has two burner alcohol stove and teak dish rack, small propane grill with rail mount. PFDs and throwable cushions included. Currently located at Lake MacBride north of Iowa City and available for test sailing. Location: Iowa City, Iowa Asking Price: $9450 Contact: Bob, 319-541-7432
Stern rail seats, opening ports Harken furler, bottom painted. Large cabin sleeps 5 adults comfortably. Beautiful boat, ready to sail. Includes Performance trailer and Honda 8hp outboard motor. More pictures to see at www.sailboatshop.com Location: New Jersey Asking Price: $16,000 Contact: Sam, 908-537-6300
Use 1 full season on freshwater lake. Includes: Magic Tilt Trailer with mast raising system, bimini, Simrad auto pilot, North Sails spinnaker (and gear), fitted cockpit cushions, Boomkicker rigid boom vang, backstay adjusters, and more. The outboard is a Tohatsu 9.8HP with remote start/shift/throttle. There are $10,000 worth of performance/comfort options on this boat! Location: New Jersey Asking Price: $39,000 Contact: Sam, 908-537-6300
One owner, In the water from May thru October
Fresh water sailed
Wing keel, 3'8" draft
Winter and Summer covers
Fully battened main, furling jib,
Custom made bimini
Depth finder, speed, and wind instruments
Location: Lake Carlyle, Illinois Asking Price: $21,500 Contact: Parks Smith, 314-303-7187
Submit an ad to sell your
personal Precision sailboat (no dealers please.) Short, simple ads using
the submission form are free. We reserve the right to limit ads and to
determine what is appropriate. For a more elaborate ad or to include a picture,
contact for pricing.