Precision 23 - Outboard motor
Information and Photos furnished by George
Owner of Precision 23 "Bella Luna"
I made a simple engine hoist to help remove/install my outboard
while the boat is on a trailer.
- .Cut a 2X6 sized to sit on top of the rear stanchion, angled
so that one end extends directly above the motor.
- 3 U-bolts with wing nuts are used to hold the 2X6 to the
- A short piece of 2X2 is used for added strength down to
- An eye bolt is added to hold a bock & tackle centered
over the motor.
- .Added a motor caddy to strap the motor to the block &
tackle. A simple rope harness would have sufficed.
- I can now raise and lower my 114 lb motor from my home-made
motor dolly with ease.
- I also use the same block & tackle to help me lift the
motor into the tilted position during my summer sailing days.
For details, contact:
Precision 23 "Bella