New P21 owner

Discussion about Precision 21

New P21 owner

Postby hepcat » Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Greetings, all!

I get to be one of the first posters on the new forum! Which is fitting I think since I'm a new-er P21 owner. I had a shoal draft Neptune 24 tall rig on Clear Lake in NoCal until 1997 when I moved to Iowa. Although I've been here 12 years now, I just discovered last fall that Lake MacBride (just 30 miles door to boat ramp) is a great sailing lake... So I reserved a spot in mast-up storage, and set out to find a boat. I found a '96 P21 in amazing condition in SW Wisconsin in September and picked it up and brought it home. She'd been properly dry-stored over ten years, so she's Bristol. Life circumstances prevented me from putting her in the water last autumn, but I have her in the driveway today, and I'm getting her all spiffied up to launch, hopefully tomorrow for a shakedown cruise. My hope is to have her out three times/week for the summer and through the fall until she'd need to be turned into a sled to use her. The weather is a little different here than in NoCal, but there's almost ALWAYS wind...
hepcat

Re: New P21 owner

Postby kathylsails » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Congratulations! We got our P-21 last year and are really enjoying our sailing time!
kathylsails

Re: New P21 owner

Postby hepcat » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks, Kathy! The weather here this year has been awful. We've had 10" more rain than normal. Just getting the boat rigged once in mast-up storage has been a challenge this year, and a bad storm on Monday here took down many trees (I have one still on my house) and crushed a boat three stalls down from mine in mast-up storage at the lake. I don't mind a rain shower, but violent t-storms with 50+ mph winds and heavy lightning nearly every day have made it tough to get out. I may launch her for the first time today... there's nothing else I can do about the trees right now, and it's supposed to be a beautiful day with 10-15mph wind... a perfect sailing day!
hepcat

Return to P-21