Modifications /Customization

Discussion about Precision 21

Modifications /Customization

Postby Dan N » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:45 am

I have just bought a p21 in September. I am going through the setup phase now, and have couple of questions.
1. Front storage hold under v berth (where depth sounder and speedometer are punched through hull). There are grooves right under the hatch cover about 2" below. What was this for?
2. Any good ideas for a music stereo placement? Possibly thinking of port side under gauges inside cabin?
3. Front anchor locker. In the past I have used ext cord rollers for my anchor lines. Has anyone found something that fits in this locker? Not compainig. I love having a anchor locker. Just curious what others are using.
Dan N

Re: Modifications /Customization

Postby Tom G, P-21 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Not sure what you mean by grooves under the hatch. Can you take a photo of what you are talking about. My boat is wrapped up for the season so I can't look at it. In regards to stereo's the only thing I've seen others do is put speakers in the access ports at the bulkheads up by the cross beam. Where in Massachusetts do you sail? I am in Salem Harbor.

PS Welcome to the board.
Tom G, P-21

Postby Dan N » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Mine too. But under the front v berth there is a large locker forward of the space you would put your legs if using the port a toilet. It is hinged just aft of the anchor locker under the v berth cushion. It would open toward the main cabin compartment. I found a picture in my phone.

I like that speaker in the inspection port idea. Thats pretty cool.

I sail primarily south Shore and South coast area. What is neat is I actually bought this boat moored in salem. I have been considering a sail from hingham up to Marblehead. I also have sailed out to the graves light in Boston a couple of times. Its nice to meet someone who has the same boat in this area.
Dan N

Postby Jay M » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:31 pm

I think those grooves might be to stow an optional table there, Jay
Jay M

Postby Tom G, P-21 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I remember seeing the ad on craigslist last summer. Co-workers kept on asking me if I was selling my boat. If I remember it was reasonably priced. Also, I remember it was a similar vintage, .mines a 1988
Tom G, P-21

Return to P-21