Just Purchased

Discussion about Precision 23

Just Purchased

Postby Lionel D » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:39 am

I purchased a 1989 P-23 last week. I will be keeping it in the water. It's at a local boat yard to have the bottom sand blasted. The center board bolts that come up through the cabin floor are rusted, I'm thinking of contacting the factory for a new hanger bracket, any thoughts would be appreciated................Lionel
Lionel D

Re: Just Purchased

Postby Mike C P23 Slingshot » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:37 am

Hello, Lionel.

My thought is as a butterfly. So, don't know when last replaced? I believe the board is 60lbs, total - not a "scary" weight.

That said, if it is just the same to you... They seemed a helpful group at the factory when I wanted something.

Replacing that bracket will also give you an opportunity to replace the bushings with a fresh, more snuggly fitting system. Mine, I was told, had a fresh bracket and bushing

replacement one year before I purchased the boat. Owner had receipt. Centerboard still flops a little, though. Centerboard and rudder bushing mod/upgrades are the norm to me, though. Regardless of year or condition. Greatest gain in doing so is a little speed and handling.

Mike

Have fun.
Mike C P23 Slingshot

Return to P-23